Saturday 10 May 2014

Blog Your Heart Out - My Turn

I have been tagged by the delightful Emma, The Pr Mummy, to take part in Blog Your Heart Out
Blog Your Heart Out is like a modern day chain letter but on the internet. I answer 5 set questions  about myself and my blog/s, then tag in other great bloggers to give their answers. It’s a brilliant way of getting to know fellow bloggers by answering the questions you want to know the answers to.


Here goes...


Who/What encouraged you to start blogging?
I started two blogs last year for quite different reasons.

I began http://deliciousdesignsbyjillpryor.blogspot.co.uk/ to help me gain back the confidence in myself I lost when I had my beautiful daughters. To explain in brief, before my first pregnancy, I had a pretty high flying creative job: I used to lead presentations to roomfuls of people, demonstrate to crowds and felt in control of what I was achieving. Although babies were on the agenda, I am not what you would call a natural earth mother. I thought it would just evolve, but for me, it didn’t. I think the lack of control (I am a little OCD) shot my self-belief to bits and it has taken me years to claw it back. I started the blog to MAKE me get creative again, for me and those I love. It has driven me to find a little time every now and then which is ‘me’ time and it has helped me feel better in myself, which in turn has helped me be a better mother. – and that, at the end of the day -  is THE most important thing.

http://glutenfreelivingourstory.blogspot.co.uk/ evolved after both my youngest daughter and I were both diagnosed in the space of 18 months of having Coeliac Disease -  an autoimmune condition. To explain in brief, this is where the immune system mistakes substances found inside gluten as a threat to the body and attacks them. This damages the surface of the small bowel, disrupting the body’s ability to absorb nutrients from food. Gluten is a protein found in three types of cereal: wheat, barley and rye which in turn can be found in foods such as pasta, cakes, breakfast cereals, bread, gravy and so on. I started the blog to help increase awareness of the condition and to try and help any other sufferers. The symptoms we both suffered were hideous; Evie’s was particularly frightening, there is nothing worse than hearing your child screaming and watching them wreathing around in pain and being totally helpless.

Check out this fab info-graphic http://newceliacmom.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/infographic-what-is-celiac-disease.html

How did you choose what to blog about?
I focused on two of the things which affected my life, and those of my nearest and dearest, the most.


What is something most people don`t know about you?
Hmmm, I am quite a private person so there is a lot I won’t post online! I guess the fact that I managed to have two happy and successful pregnancies whilst I was suffering with undiagnosed Coeliac Disease is one fact that is not out there!

“Coeliac disease also has been found in several studies to be a frequent cause of miscarriage and recurrent miscarriage. Miscarriage occurs 31% more in undiagnosed CD patients than the normal population.”


What three words describe your style?
Organised, Sporadic (borrowing that one from Emma!), Evolving (so new to all this still!)

What do you love to do when you are not blogging?
Well, I spend most of my time juggling lots of different balls and hats in the air and then I spend precious time trying to tidy up the pieces when I drop them! When I can, I love to go for jogs and bike rides with my family, read (mostly by torchlight late at night so as not to wake up my husband!), and create cakes or cards! I need to spend more time just hugging my girls – life is too short and too busy – they are the most precious things in my life.

Right then that's my 5 questions answered, now I tag;

Two fabulous gluten free bloggers who I have recently come across on Twitter

Kaila @GFLife247
New Celiac Mom  @NewCeliacMom

...and three of the fabulously creative docrafts Design Team

katie lamb @Katiel27
Keren Baker @CraftStampInk
Nikki Smith @purplenik 

Jill x

No comments:

Post a Comment